
Steve wrote:
Nancy and I were married on August 18th. That was the 19th aniversary of our meeting. We were married on the spot where we met in 1988. The story goes that we were on a riverboat separately ( Nancy was with her daughter-in-law, Melissa, with whom I had worked on numerous projects, and I was with my daughter, Sammi). This was a chamber of comerce business after hours networking event. After Nancy and I were introduced and our respective escorts went their seprate ways, we continued to visit and then we disimbarked at the dock for the Goodale Landing, a riverfront subdivision and began to tour the facilities. We continued to walk and talk and the next sounds we hear were that of the boat whistle sounding as it departed Goodale Landing leaving only two passangers behind. Nineteen years later we returned to the site and were married at the place where we met. So on the 18th of August, 2007, we ended an engagement of 19 years and begin the rest of our life together.
Nancy and Steve sent new emails. Their story was published in a magazine from the MLM business they're in, but the photo in the email was too fuzzy to read without difficulty and a magnifying glass. I'm moving the story in Steve's own words up to Valentine's Day. Click on Steve's name in the Friends column to see the wedding photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment